Monday, November 10, 2014

CadSoft EAGLE + Random tName Formats + OSH Park = A Mess … Fix included

Using different libraries means dealing with varying artwork. In the end, it's easy to end up with a collection of seemingly random artwork. When I submitted my brd file to OSH Park, I saw a mess in the preview. Anyway, I prefer labeling manually for reasons of consistency and clarity.



The layers tNames and bNames is the culprit here. I took the direct approach, deleted those layers and resubmitted. Everything looked fine in EAGLE. Low and behold, no artwork at all. So deleting them is not an option. I ended up renaming the offending layers to x1 and x2 (or name them whatever you'd like). I then created two new (and blank) layers named tNames and bNames. This time OSH Park's render showed no mess, only the text I put down.



The nice part about renaming is that it can be done right before fab and it's not permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment